LinkedIn provides many functions that provide a good foundation for Social Selling, such as:
- Who viewed my profile
- Keep in Touch triggers for birthdays and anniversaries of your 1st level contact
- Many sections on the Personal Profile that provide a rich canvas for Personal Branding
- Visibility of who liked and commented on our Status Updates
- Ability to TAG contacts into groups, to focus activity and also to send emails to small lists
However, there are several additional tools and apps for Social Selling that we use the increase productivity and results considerably.
Apps for Social Selling
There has been an explosion in the number and variety of apps for Social Selling recently
The following are particularly useful, based on our personal experience:
- Hootsuite – for pre-scheduling content to be posted to LinkedIn Profile, LinkedIn Page, Twitter and other Social Networks
- Contact Monkey – for tracking opens and clicks for emails sent through Gmail
- Nimble Social CRM – for managing relationships and sales activities in the Social Selling environment
Tools for Social Selling
Content is one of the most important tools you’ll need for Social Selling.
In particular you should be developing content for the following places:
- Your personal LinkedIn Personal Profile
- Your LinkedIn Company Page
- LinkedIn Status Updates
- Long-form posts on LinkedIn
- Presentations on Slideshare
Take a look around the website for more insight and guidance about how to make the most of LinkedIn.