Preparing and delivering the LinkedIn Masterclass for Sales People and Business Owners workshop has been fascinating.
I’ve been reviewing all that LinkedIn has to offer, and developing strategies to use those features to improve the sales process and the results that sales focused people can achieve.
The core objective is to find ways to work SMARTER, not just HARDER.
And one fundamental way is to position yourself as a Leader on LinkedIn.
The importance of ‘Being a Leader’ and being seen as a Leader
If you can inspire others and help them to help themselves there’s a good chance they’ll follow you.
As you gain followers so you gain influence, and you can encourage people to take action.
And then, when they need help who do they turn to? Someone they know, like and trust. You of course.
It got me thinking about how to put that across in our LinkedIn profiles.
10 ways to build yourself up to be a Leader on LinkedIn
Here’s a list of suggestions to help you improve your LinkedIn profile and add leadership attributes.
- What you know – your skills and the depth of your knowledge
- What you’ve done – what projects and activities you’ve worked on
- How you’ve helped – how you’ve applied those skills to solve problems
- What impact that’s had – what was the magnitude of the benefit
- Who you know – your network of connections on LinkedIn
- What they say about you – the visible endorsements and testimonials
- Where you go – which previous employers, which groups and associations you ‘belong’ to
- What you do when you’re there – beyond belonging, how you participate and contribute
- What your goals are – what is your vision, for yourself and for others around you
- How will you get there – is there a clear plan including benefits for those who follow you
My vision is to help sales people and business owners to improve their sales results. This is about working smarter and not just harder.
- It’s about Working On the Sales Process, not just In the Process.
- It’s about joined up marketing and sales.
- And supporting this is choosing and using the right tools for the job.
If you would like to improve your sales processes or lead generation just drop me an email me.