Many business owners, independent consultants and sales professionals use LinkedIn to find new clients.
They know LinkedIn isn’t just for job-seekers and recruitment.
Using LinkedIn to support business development, marketing, lead generation, selling and customer loyalty processes is very beneficial.
And this is the focus of the training I’ve developed and refined over the years, and overhauled after the LinkedIn changes early in 2017.
Two ways to access this LinkedIn Training
As you read through the modules below you may be reassured to know there are two main ways I deliver this LinkedIn training:
– for individuals – over Skype in bite-sized modules on a 1:1 basis
– for companies, firms and organisations – on their premises as workshops for teams and groups
Have a look through the modules below and the training options at the bottom to see which is most beneficial for you.
SEVEN LinkedIn Training modules focused on Lead Generation
Which is the best fit for what you need to achieve?
1. LinkedIn & Social Selling Foundations Training
This module focuses on using LinkedIn effectively to support online and offline marketing and selling activity.
When buyers are looking for and short-listing potential suppliers it’s important to be found and also to not to be eliminated for lack of presence.
Ideal for people starting out or needing a refresher for LinkedIn. This module underpins all other modules, because if this area is weak the other activities will be less effective.
This module reflects the LinkedIn Social Selling Index (SSI) as a solid and measurable foundation on which to build other lead generation campaigns and activities.
- LinkedIn Introduction / Refresher – what’s available in LinkedIn, and their value for business development.
- Navigating around LinkedIn – key areas in LinkedIn and what function is available where (especially in the new UI).
- Profile – completing the essential areas of your LinkedIn Profile and optimising for skills, keywords and customer focus.
- Network – finding and connecting with the right mix of people to support lead generation and other goals
- Content – what to share on a regular basis to build profile, visibility, reputation and trigger conversations.
- Conversations – how to engage with people on Linkedin and develop sales related conversations.
- Processes – developing effective routines, systems and using tools for sales productivity.
Takeaway – LinkedIn Foundations Checklist and Activity Planner for daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly activity.
2. Social Prospecting using LinkedIn
This LinkedIn Training module focuses on finding and making contact with new people to build a prospect list at scale.
Most Consultants, Business Owners and Salespeople will need to do this to boost their sales pipeline at some time or another.
It’s about identifying and reaching out to say 100 people, connecting and starting sales conversations with 15-30 of them. Then rinse and repeat with another 100!
- Search – Smart ways to use LinkedIn Search to find people and companies
- Engage – 7 ways to reach out to people and contact them
- Positioning – Profile update tips to improve engagement and conversations
- Follow-up – Tips for organising and following up contacts and list building
Take-away – LinkedIn Prospecting Campaign Planner
3. Account-based Marketing (ABM) Growing Key Accounts
How to use LinkedIn to go wider and deeper in larger and higher value client and prospect companies.
Opening and growing Key Accounts can create very large rewards, but it takes careful planning to get the strategy right.
It’s about expanding into a major company through LinkedIn, identifying multiple entry points and engaging with purpose. Then rinse and repeat with another major company!
- Research & Listening – using LinkedIn to build up a comprehensive understanding of major businesses
- Relationships – getting closer to key people through LinkedIn
- Account Penetration – gaining introductions to the right people via existing contacts
- Complex sales – using LinkedIn through an extended sale/purchase cycle to improve win rates.
Take-away – LinkedIn Key Account Planner
4. Advanced Personal Branding through LinkedIn
Raising our profiles and growing our networks by being more active in focused ways creates more enquiries and opportunities to follow-up.
Ideal for Subject Matter Experts (Consultants, Business Owners, Salespeople) with a specialist skill or in a niche.
It’s about attracting buyers and prospects by building authority and visibility, becoming a go-to person in your sector or niche.
Key techniques covered include:
- Being Distinctive – with Advanced Positioning and Profile techniques
- Boosting Credibility – building social proof and a powerful network presence
- Increasing Visibility – Curating, sharing and creating content to develop your specialist positioning.
- Building Relationships – Joining discussions, starting conversations, generating interest.
Take-away – LinkedIn Personal Branding Planner
5. Developing Referrals through LinkedIn
Word of Mouth, and Word of Mouse, are important sources of business that many people overlook, or could be more structured about.
Whether the referral and partner channel is informal or formal the development techniques are similar, even if the reward structures differ.
This module focuses on tips and techniques to develop an effective referral channel through LinkedIn
- Identifying – people who could become referral partners, formally or informally
- Recruiting – How to approach people who you’d like to refer and introduce you
- Educating – Making it easy for people to refer you, and reminding them regularly
- Rewarding – Identifying, offering and delivering appropriate rewards to referrers.
Take-away – LinkedIn Referral Campaign Planner
6. Article and content-based lead generation
Writing Blog posts and Articles is not only good for credibility but, with the right structure, promotion and distribution can also be great for lead generation.
A good lead generation article will engage the emotions of the reader, provide learning and rational proof, and lead them towards wanting to take action.
This module focuses on using Articles on your LinkedIn Personal Profile for Lead Generation
- How to design the Customer Journey to increase lead generation through your profile.
- Key elements to include in your Lead Generation Article
- How to promote your article to increase views
- The Call to Action and your response – What to offer beyond the article.
Take-away – LinkedIn Article based Campaign Planner
7. Using your LinkedIn Company Page to generate leads
For those in a position to create and develop a LinkedIn Company Page there are several ways to use it to generate leads and enquiries.
This LinkedIn Training module focuses on using the LinkedIn Company Page to generate leads
- Company Page optimisation – for keywords, call to action etc.
- Status Updates and sharing of news and educational content
- Sponsoring Updates and how to use them effectively
- How to get more Followers – ways to organically grow the number of page followers
- Ways to increase engagement – encouraging people to like, comment and share your content
- How to generate leads through the Company Page – different lead generation techniques
Take-away – LinkedIn Company Page Promotion and Campaign Planner
Hopefully at least one of those will be relevant and attractive to you.
Which is top of your priority list?
How this LinkedIn Training is delivered
Building on my experience of delivering open courses and one company courses I’ve refined the delivery options in 2017.
For individuals – Skype-based LinkedIn training & consultancy
If you’re a Business Owner, Independent Consultant, Sales Professional and similar, your needs are likely to be fairly specific, and also fairly immediate.
Therefore, a focused, action oriented Linkedin training session will move you forward a long way fast.
In the fast paced working environment, being able to talk on a 1 to 1 basis with me (Mark Stonham), a sales and LinkedIn specialist, has huge benefits:
- Modular – focusing on a specific LinkedIn and lead generation strategy and technique, which can then be put into practice
- 1:1 – so the session can go at your pace, cover your questions, use your LinkedIn Account
- Tailored – providing advice for you as an individual, based on your goals, level of experience, questions etc.
- Action focused – providing clear next steps, worksheets and checklists, along with encouragement and accountability
- Skype based – to show and do-with via screenshare and video
- Value for money – maximising benefits and reducing time and costs on both sides
- Accountability – follow-up after 1-2 weeks to check that the actions agreed have been undertaken.
Each module has a preparation element, the call itself (50 minutes on Skype) and implementation resources and follow-up contact.
The response to this modular Skype-based training has been very positive.
Does it sound like a style of training that you’d find valuable?
The cost is £95 per module (and no VAT), with discounts available for multiple bookings.
Book your LinkedIn Training Call below
NB. If you have any questions or are unsure which of these Linkedin Training Modules is right for you why not book a 20 minute discovery call below so we can discuss which option will help you achieve your top priority the quickest.
For Companies – onsite Linkedin Workshops
Where there are several or many people in a company or organisation to be trained it is more effective in groups or workshop environments.
The workshop(s) usually cover the foundation module above and touch on other elements if appropriate.
Costs of the one company workshops start at £495 for 3 hours, plus an allowance for travel if significantly outside Bristol.
Please email me to set up a discussion, or book a suitable time for a chat in the calendar below (and highlight the purpose of the call in the comments)
I look forward to talking with you very soon, to help you boost your skills, confidence, clarity and start to generate leads for your business very soon.